Skip navigation
  •  StudentsKorean
  •  StudentsKoreanPolish
  •  StudentsKoreanPolishSpanish
  •  StudentsKoreanPolishSpanishTagalog
Extraordinary Lives Start With a Great Catholic Education

Elementary School Registration




 Catalog-Item Reuse ‭[1]‬


​ċċċċċċċċċ​ċċċċċċċċċ​ċ​ċElementary School Registration (Grades 1-8)

Elementary admissions are open to Catholic children and children of Catholic parents.


  • All elementary schools are currently accepting new registrations for the 2023-24 and 2024-25 school years, unless specified below.
  • St. Sofia Catholic Elementary School is currently at capacity. ​All new students seeking enrolment will be be directed to their local attendance boundary 91Ƭ elementary school for the 2022-23 school year.
  • To find out which Catholic school is in your area, use the Peel Region and Dufferin County Find My School tools  or contact the Planning Department at 905-890-0708 ext. 24440.
  • If you are applying for admissions under 'Flex Boundaries', please contact the school office directly.​ċ  ​
  • For information about registering for Իٱ​St. James Catholic Global Learning Centre and French Immersion​/Extended French programs, please click on the links. ​ċ
  • Elementary Student Transfer Request Form (for current 91Ƭ students) 
  • Entry Planning Form for Students with Differing Abilities
    Completion of this form should only be done after parents/guardians have completed the online registration process.  This form should only be completed for students who have higher needs (e.g. a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, medical needs, needs requiring equipment or specialized services, speech, vision or hearing needs, etc.)

For more information about admissions and requirements, parents/guardians should contact their school directly  or the Admissions Department at 905-890-1221 or admissions@dpcdsb.org


  1. Create an account on the Online Application System
    How to Create an Account: Quick Reference Guide
  2. ​Once you have created an account, complete and submit the Online Application Form​​ċ.
    ​How to Register Online: Quick Reference Guide
  3. Receive email confirmation acknowledging receipt of the online Application Form with further instructions if supporting documentation was not submitted online. (See below for a complete list).

Video: How to Create an Account



Video: How to Register Online for Elementary School


For those without online access, printed copies of the Registration package are available in the school office.​ You may also download the Printable Registration Form.

The following documents are required to complete the registration process. All documents MUST be submitted in English and be originals: 

Proof of age of the child 
Birth certificate or passport.

Original Roman Catholic baptismal certificate
Students registering in 91Ƭ elementary schools and/or their parents/guardians, must provide the following:
- an original Roman Catholic baptismal certificate (for child and/or parent/guardian), or;
- an original baptismal certificate (for child and/or parent/guardian) from a church that is in communion with the Holy See of Rome, or;
- an original baptismal certificate (for child and/or parent/guardian) from an Eastern Catholic Church (St. Sofia).

Updated immunization records   
Report your child's immunizations to Region of Peel Public Health or Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health online and give the reference number to your child's school when registering.

​Proof of Canadian citizenship   
Birth certificate, passport or permanent resident status.

Proof of home address    
Two of the following: property tax bill, current utility bill, electronic bill, real estate document or Government of Canada issued forms. On a case-by-case basis, consideration for any special circumstance shall go through the respective Superintendent or Admissions Officer.  If the lease agreement is the sole documentation and not a standard lease form, it should be notarized/Commissioner of Oath.

Emergency rural address numbers    
For identifying your property, if applicable.

​Proof of English Separate School Support    
May be done at the time of registration by completing an​ Application for the Direction of School Support and/or a Separate School Lease Agreement (Peel or Dufferin). 

Learn More: Direction of School Support 




back to top